Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rain, rain, go away

Even though I am an East Coast transplant, up until recently I have been a true Portlander; I actually like the rain and even look forward to its arrival. I may joke about my Portland eyes not being able to handle the sunlight, but there is a grain of truth to my silliness. After a long summer, the grayness and mist are both soothing and beautiful to me and I celebrate that it never gets that cold. But, I am rethinking my whole position on the weather now that I have a toddler. Wet strollers, slippery feet, and applying and peeling off extra layers of clothing from my fast and furious child is not necessarily my idea of a good time. Basically, it feels like another layer of work to my already burgeoning load. Wah. I know that I will adjust to this change just like I have in the other areas of my life like shopping (skip it), or taking time to enjoy food (hello protein bars and sandwiches), and exercise (I don't do it unless picking up food off the floor counts). Yes, I continue to be astounded by how much my life has changed since having Mizz. And I know this may have sounded like whining but that's not really my point. All kidding aside, I love taking care of Mizz and with the exception of an extra 10 hours in the day, I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home