Friday, October 20, 2006

The Food Battle Continues

Mizz apparently has no time to eat. The last two nights he has both yelled at and thrown the dinner I so elaborately microwaved for him (veggie burger last night, fish sticks tonight). While you might suspect it was the cuisine he was rebelling against, I wasn't sure what was going on since he has gobbled up those entrees many times before. Fulfilling my role as a good Jewish mother I employed many shenanigans to prevent him from starvation. While my singing and silly antics weren't enough to sufficiently distract him from the fact that he was restrained, giving him access to a bowl of applesauce kept him happily occupied while I spoon fed him bites of fish sticks. After awhile he apparently remembered that he could feed himself took over the task.

I am afraid that this behavior marks his true entrance into the exciting (and fearsome for me) time of toddlerhood. The other big indicator is that while I am increasingly sure that he know what I am talking about, the Mizz is not always sure that he wants to respond. I can still outsmart him or distract him most of the time, but I feel my days of being totally in control are over. What am I talking about? I haven't been in control since the few wave of nausea at 4 weeks and certainly not since that six pound sweet pea was born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home