Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend Memories

Once again I am exhausted because of another great weekend. In addition to restoring order in the universe (our house, I mean) and further child proofing, Mizz and I crashed an awesome play date on Saturday. This woman's house rocked! There were many great toys to play with and a Tiny Tikes toy structure complete with a slide. Man it was cute to see maybe six toddlers or so lining up to go down the slide. It really is a great age to get that many kids together, there is not that much talking yet and they are not super into the MINE! stage either. At one point five of them were nicely sharing a wooden shape puzzle. Adorable! I will have to try to acquire some of the pics.

On Sunday, Dave and I conned, I mean paid, another person to take charge of Mizz for awhile and we hit the town. It was a wonderfully sunny, warm February day so we used the opportunity to cruise Hawthorne like we used to (minus the pints of Beer). Actually we did have a pint and some pretty darn good Lebanese food. I was in adult heaven eating an unrushed Mezza plate and sipping a Hefeweizen. After some perusing of the vintage shops (we are in need of a light to replace the one that Mizz felled in the living room), we took Coldstone Creamery by storm. Although, I think Coldstone may have won out because they got nine of our dollars and I ended up eating way too much ice cream despite the fact that I ordered a small. Who are they kiddling. Although, to be fair, I suppose I could have stopped eating.

Mizz is asleep, and I suppose I should go use this opportunity to do something useful. I think useful is going to be in the form of a nap today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home