Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Change of State

Mizz and I actually left the state for a playgroup today. Mind you we are just talking across the river to Vancouver, but this is a rarity because I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have gone to the Couv. Before today, I didn't think they had anything that Portland didn't have except sprawl. That was before Cafe Sip N Play. This coffeehouse/kid mecca/deli has a got a good thing going on. They have a GATED play area full of tons of cool toys, equipment, and little nooks and crannies for toddlers to explore. There are nice seats for moms to observe it all and supposedly there is a child area attendant although I did not see her. My sandwich was delish although by the time I ordered it, Mizz was exhausted and actually laying down on the floor, which meant I wolfed half of it and the other half is sitting in the car (hopefully not to be forgotten). Overall, it was a great place and really not THAT far despite having to cross the state line to get there. In fact my only dish about the place is that they charge a $3.75 fee for each child to use the play area AND they do not allow outside food and drinks. I'm sorta fine with one or the other but to charge a usage fee and demand that I spend $3.00 bucks on some food he may or may not like seems like extortion. Yo baby is too overpriced as it, I am definitely not going to pay one buck for its sweet organic preciousness. I swear I'm not a cheapskate but I don't like to be milked for my money either (I joked to my fellow moms that there was a $2.00 breastfeeding surcharge as well). There wasn't but I wouldn't be surprised... OK enough complaining, it was a cool place that we will definitely be returning to at some point.

So much for the blogging moratorium as with many of my "diets" it crashed and burned pretty fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home