Monday, March 19, 2007

Let me count the ways

Of how I lack willpower. Funnily enough, I simply logged on to say that I was going to take a blogging break, because for someone that is constantly feeling the pain of not enough time, I somehow manage to spend a lot of time blogging (mostly reading em and thinking about them and drafting posts in my head when I should be thinking of other things). So I was going to extend my knitting hiatus to include a blog hiatus. If I was really interested in self deprivation I could include dark chocolate on the list. I suppose I could practice moderation, but some things are harder to moderate than others. I have not knitted in over a week and a half and I swear I am having withdrawal symptoms. I may have sabotaged myself and my poor wrists because I just borrowed the Joy of Knitting from the library. Talk about a Seemingly Innocuous Decision (wink, wink Gina and Nicole:))

But since I am here....I may as well catch up on a few things. Mizz and I spent the day missing Dave (the first part of his trips are always the worst) and doing the basics: the laundry, never ending dishes, toy organization, letters, drawing, singing. Mizz can identify all the letters of the alphabet and is saying more letters almost every day! He is also scarily more and more reminding me of myself and unfortunately mirroring the traits that I don't want to have to deal with (what's fun to dish, isn't always fun to receive). Hmm, maybe this whole parent thing will make me a better person? Plus he is a boy, which according to one of the magazines of fear, means that he is one skillion times more likely to fall and crack his head open. I can't even type that without my blood pressure rising. He is definitely faster and more eager to DO, than he is capable right now. The poor dude wipes out pretty regularly with more head thuds than I would like. I just have to have faith, that our bodies were meant to withstand toddlerhood.

I have actually broke down and done something I have never done before; I am reading a manual on how to use Photoshop Elements. I am the idiot that fought with a statistics program throughout grad school after paying $30 for a manual and never once cracking it open. I plow into knitting patterns without reading them, which often requires some serious backtracking. But I am interested and so I will give reading directions a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home