Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Where there's a will there's a way

Suffice it to say, I have developed quite a few tricks and added to my skill set since Dave is out of town. The only disaster so far has been coffee grounds that ended up everywhere but where they were intended. I am now fully capable of operating that machine. Of course I have yet to taste the coffee so we shall see what my labors have yielded. Must go, my sick child is singing my name (AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Hahhh, Hahh! Eh, ehhhh!)

4 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Franny,

Recently an experienced and senior parent related directly to you removed the top of his coffee grinder while the blades where still running. While said parent was not injured, coffee grinds did fly!

So, perhaps your (mis)adventures have a genetic explanation.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Franny said...

That is hilarious and somewhat similar to what I did. We will have to submit this evidence to a research publication in order to settle the nature vs nuture argument once and for all. Oh, nevermind.

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and another "trick" I've learned is to fail to add the ground coffee to the coffee brewer, resulting in clear, hot water excellent for making tea or instant coffee.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Mizz likes to help me make the coffee in the morning. He likes to push the grinder button and help count coffee scoops, and by help, I mean he likes to get excited while I get excited counting to 4. After the grinding, he watches me fill the pot with water and then make his appriximation of the sign for water. However, he usually loses interest about the time I'm filling the coffee maker. Occasionally he gets difficult enough that I don't realize until I'm trying to make my to-go coffee, that I never turned on the machine and there is a starkly empty coffee pot waiting for me. It's been a while since I launched any coffee grounds though. Great image.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home