Sunday, March 25, 2007

Curses! A fiendish start to the day

I woke up last night to an alarming sound--literally (I know, I know, it is genetic). Our house alarm went off at 2:35 in the morning and I bolted out of bed thinking "if that wakes Mizz I'm gonna be pissed" not "Oh my god there is an axe murderer in the house". So without any rational thought whatsoever, I bounded downstairs where I looked around for signs of weirdness and then remembered that my supposedly smart system panel would tell me what the problem was. After checking, it informed me that it was the smoke detector that was in fact going off. So I went looking for smoke, fire, or danger but was unable to find anything. As visions of smoldering wires dance through my head, the ADT man calls and politely informs me that the sensors are very sensitive and that sometimes dust or humidity can make them go off. Fantastic. The only thing I can think of is that Mizz's room was very rainforest like due to his humidifier...or some type of house troll. In any case, I somehow managed to get the alarm off and even reset without Mizz stirring. Go figure, the first time Mizz sleeps through the night in a week and I am awoken by dust or some water vapor. Needless to say it was sort of an adrenaline producing experience and the rest of my night was way too short.

Mizz made it up to me though by taking a two hour and forty minute nap. I spent the time reading Self magazine (again READING about exercise, hah!) and doing absolutely nothing. It was nice. And since we were both so refreshed and it was beautiful out, I took pneumonia boy to the zoo. He is actually doing much, much better and had a great time the highlights still being the ducks, fish, and elephants.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A kindly grandpa writes ...

Glad that Mizz is feeling better and that you both had a nice visit to the zoo.

As to ADT, I recall being awaken one night by a call from ADT central asking if everything was OK, as they had received an alarm message, and asked if I wanted them to call the police. Very reassuring.

I sent Gus to investigate, but neither he nor I could find the cause of the problem.

Hope you both get some rest and have a great week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home