Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hello Blogosphere!

Wow, how's that for a presumptuous title? I suppose the entire blogosphere does not read my blog, at least not on a daily basis anyway, but I felt the need for such a bombastic title because it has been awhile. Well, a week anyway, but in the blog world and in my particular life a lot can happen in one week.

I was not hospitalized for my shin splints in case you are wondering. Although, I did sabotage myself and ran on them before they were completely healed, setting me back another week or so.

But, I have been buried under the strain though of having to be too many places at once. Three jobs will do that to you, in case you were wondering. Although aside from missing Mizz and feeling moderately guilty about not spending enough time with him, I have also been grappling with two job offers and all the angst that comes with having to make a decision. I am really sick of the angst (and all the Mommy war baggage that comes with it) and therefore wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to write about it.

After thinking about job possibilities and the ideal existence for, um two years now, I am trying to come to the conclusion that I simply need to accept that there is no real ideal existence during this time. That is, at least in my particular situation, I feel hugely compromised no matter which job I pick. I need all the right variables to make it all seem okay including a salary that allows me to feel comfortable with day care options, a schedule and commute time that doesn't have me frantic to get there and then get back in time to pick up the Mizz. Sigh.

So that's what I'll be doing this weekend. Considering my options.

Other things that have caught my attention this week:

People will sit in horrendously long lines (with their car idling no less) for a cup of free Dutch Bros. coffee. Yikes! I rather have my 20 minutes than a two buck cup of coffee.

My car is apparetly feeling neglected and is lashing out at me. First it was the flashers and now it has decided that it no longer wants to illuminate the dashboard. Which is actually pretty important at night. Fortunately I got out of class early enough so that I could still see the vital information most of the time. What I didn't know was that I apparently had no working brake lights. So the possibility of purchasing another vehicle is back on the table depending on what Dave's mechanical probing finds. At the very least, it looks like me and the Mizz we be crusing round town in a rental for awhile.

The awareness that most of my friends with second babys are really tired. I was secretly hoping that the need to sleep had been diminished after the whole first go round but apparently not.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Marketing Mommy said...

Not only is the need for sleep not diminished, no one sympathizes with you any more. They figure, heck, you knew what you were getting into. You're experienced. Deal with it.

The good news is that experience does come in handy. And you won't find me up late worrying about anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home