Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mama's got a new ride

Check me, I mean, it out, my new Hyundai Tucson:




Dave and I must win either the best or stupidest parents award for walking into a car dealership with a two year old and sick mama in tow. Unbelievably, we managed to leave six hours later with a new vehicle. Mizz turned out to be amazingly well behaved and had a field day with the balloons, huge camping tent display, and his much beloved sticker book (easily the best ten dollars I have ever spent). And I, with a headache, fever, and sore throat, simply tried to maintain and not spread too many germs. My main task was plying Mizz with Snapple and keeping him otherwise occupied while Dave haggled with Vlad (a 200 pound, seemingly 17 year old car salesman) whose main job appeared to be making up numbers and then going to talk to his managers to get the real story. Dave's tenacity which can be somewhat vexing at times in our conversations, was a real asset with these guys who would magically adjust prices and rates in a serious attempt to hide the fact that they wanted us to PAY MORE MONEY. We held our ground well and in the end came out with a pretty, sweet deal on a well rated car. It was hard to say goodbye to my 12 year old Corolla and I feel like I am cheating on someone by not buying another Toyota but for now money talks and Hyundai's prices and warranties can't be beat.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Marketing Mommy said...

Hurray for you, and a good job Dave. I played the part of the tough guy when we bought our CR-V.

http://marketingmommy.blogspot.com/2006/09/we-got-new-car.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home