Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Of Sweater Vests and Little Men

The transformation to the dark side is complete. Mizz is dressed to the nines today in a sweater vest, oxford shirt, and khakis. It is 100 percent adorable. The outfit was actually a present from his grandparents but I requested it. I remember swearing that I would never dress him up like a little man, because he was a baby, and now he is a toddler. But it is so cute.

Mizz continues to learn his letters. He is reliably identifying M and X. He sometimes can find A, T, and S although there is a higher error rate with these. His grandparents also got him the Leapfrog fridge phonics and he loves it. I can now recite the alphabet with the best of them. I also had fun making alphabet shapes with my body after a particularly strong margarita. Which reminds me, Mizz and my cousins recenly got down in the bar of a mexican restaurant...doing the ring around the rosy. Mizz loves it and I have no shame. In fact my assertiveness level has increased markedly since having Mizz due mostly to the mama bear juice I think. I demanded (0k asked) to board early even after the not helpful Delta people stated that there would be no preboarding. Later, I asked for a voided gift card that had a certain little girl's name on it (I can't wait to put it in the mail). It simply comes down to the fact that I have no qualms about asking for what my little cherub (or at times, destructor) needs. Ok must go get makeup advice from my 14 year old cousin.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Hi! And much valentine love to your, your little man, and your big man.

As for make up advice from a 14-year-old, I can only say this....Lots of GLITTER. Glitter is the magic makeup stuff :) Or so I believed when 14.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home