Wednesday, March 21, 2007

End of the day thoughts

I have to say that I am somewhat offended by the Coke commercial featuring a man and a woman at a dinner and him proposing to her with what looks like at first a Coke cap but then turns into a ticket to Hawaii. That part is okay. What bugs me, as a Jew and as a woman, is her remark to him she should have married Harry (?) Finkelstein (who is very much the curly haired dweeb). Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it seems to be piggybacking on many ugly stereotypes of money grubbing women, particularly Jewish ones. I am really sensitive around the subject because it seems that the idea of Jews and money have fueled a lot of Anti Semitism over the years. I don't get the target audience because I thought all Jews drank Coke anyway. I gotta take a stand somewhere and my blog will have to suffice at this point.

I spent the whole day worrying about whether to go to my class tonight. I wasn't sure how Mizz would be feeling (he can be pretty upset/touchy/demanding when he is sick and didn't want my friend to feel obligated to tend to a germ monster. However, as usual my worrying paid off, I mean was a BIG waste of time. Mizz apparently survived the evening with his sitter just fine. She said that he was a blast and called him a Baby Genius (he wowed her with his extensive color knowledge and letter recognition). He also made clear his fascination with all things light, blue, and that spin. She also smartly pointed out to me that I should make a cheat sheet of Mizz signs for sitters so that they know what the heck he is gesturing about.

Knock on wood, Mizz has gotten on fabulously with all of his sitters so far. I am very lucky to have so many friends willing to help out and to have gotten to know some fantastic sitters through his daycare. Now that we have amassed these wonderful people, we should actually use them more than every other month and get in some much appreciated adult time (that is, actually go to a restaurant that doesn't have crayons or take a walk without having to narrate the scenery and acknowledge every lamp post we pass).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home