Thursday, November 01, 2007

Guilt

My decision to take Mizz to the mall to trick or treat yesterday was not selfless nor driven entirely by paranoia (we don't know any of our neighbors). Oh no. In the back of my mind was the dancing possibility that maybe, just maybe, something would catch my eye, something that I might just have to purchase. And something did. A big shiny rose colored purse that I knew would be fantastic on me. This is actually fairly huge because I am very picky about bags as I suppose most women are...in fact I think that is why we have so many of them because there is no one size fits all for all the many functions in life. But a certain man in my life, doesn't quite see it that way and didn't have to say anything but "Do you really need another bag?" to make me think I ought to return my find. Both of us are aware about the financial reality of Baby #2 and when I type that out, methinks the bag should go back tomorrow. But there is the stubborn part of me that is influenced by this consumer oriented society that can't help justify it all kinds of ways. So it will sit on the steps until I make a decision or the cat pukes on it, which I guess would be good because it would get me off the hook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home