Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Two Year Old Marinade

In searching for a sauce to dump into me olde crock pot today I came across not one but two bottles of marinade that were two years past their expiration date. Does this happen to other people? How can something sit in my cupboard that long? This might relate to my previous post about knitting, instead it is me at the grocery story buying things with good intentions but no real plan. So two questions remain: 1) What am I going to do about my relentless wasting of food (and money)? and 2) Can I still use the marinade that as Dave just pointed out is probably in fact at least three years old by now? I suppose I could finally get serious and start actually making menus for the week ahead of time. I may have to start small though, with just one or two planned entrees at first. I am pregnant and well, I am me. Between sudden onset food aversions and riotous cravings planning what I may want to eat next Thursday seems somewhat daunting. In true stereotypical fashion I ate pickles (that were probably over two years old as well) triscuits, and cheese at 9:00 this morning. And now twelve hours later I just polished off two cranberry orange muffins and am moderately pondering a third. So yes, anyway, menu planning in small doses seems reasonable. As for the old sauce, I'm gonna chuck it and accept the feelings of guilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home